Are you Alexander Evans?
Edit your profile
Professor Evans is the Dean of Agriculture, and Head of the School of Agriculture & Food Science in University College Dublin. Professor Evans has a BSc in Animal Science from Nottingham University (UK), a PhD from the University of Saskatchewan (Canada) and a DSc (Published work) from the National University of Ireland. Following a position as a postdoctoral fellow in Cornell University (USA) he joined the academic staff in University College Dublin, Ireland. His teaching is primarily in the area of Animal Physiology with an emphasis on animal reproduction and fertility. He has attracted over 15 million euros of research funding, has supervised over 30 graduate students, has published over 140 peer reviewed papers and served as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the international journal Animal Reproduction Science for 9 years. He is presently Vice President of the Association for European Life Science Universities (ICA). Professor Evans has conducted research on a wide range of topics focusing on reproduction and fertility in cattle and sheep. These areas include the regulation of puberty, oestrus synchronisation, ovarian follicle development, oocyte and embryo development, uterine health and function, and management and physiological factors affecting fertility in cattle and sheep. Since becoming Dean of Agriculture he has become more interested in sustainable agriculture and food production.
- Full ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Agriculture and Food Science, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2014
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Agriculture and Food Science, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2006 - 31 Dec 2013
- Senior LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Agriculture and Food Science, Dublin, Ireland31 Jan 2005 - 1 Sep 2006
- Visiting SchollarMichigan State Univeristy, USA12 Mar 2003 - 28 Jul 2003
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Agriculture and Food Science, Dublin, Ireland10 Oct 1999 - 30 Dec 2005
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Agriculture, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 1996 - 30 Sep 1999
- Postdoctoral FellowCornell University, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine1 Jan 1994 - 1 Aug 1996
- BScUniversity of Nottingham
- PhDUniversity of Saskatchewan