Are you Amanda McCann?
Edit your profile
Amanda McCann is a PI and UCD Conway Fellow in the UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular and Biomedical Science. She is also Associate Professor and Head of Pathology (2015-2018) in the UCD School of Medicine. Her groups specific interest is focused on understanding the mechanisms underlying chemoresistance for women presenting with breast and ovarian cancer. These interests have led to collaborations with oncologists and histopathologists across the country and with colleagues based in the Ireland East Hospital Group (IEHG) NIBRT, veterinary science, chemistry, biomedical engineering and physics. Recently in collaboration with an Irish Company THEYA Healthcare, and built on a pilot study with ARCH, she is investigating the clinical and social Impact of the THEYA Healthcare Recovery Bra for women who have undergone breast mastectomy. Currently, she is Director of the UCD Academic Centre in Translational Oncology (UCTO). In relation to patient advocate groups, she previously was a Co-Director of IPPOSI, and research advisor to Debra Ireland.
- Special LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Department of Pathology30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- President`s Research AwardUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Senior LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2005 - 15 Nov 2010
- BA (Mod)Trinity College Dublin
- PhDTrinity College Dublin