Anthony taught English, Mathematics and Physics in the Holy Rosary College in Mountbellew, Galway for a year and then taught Mathematics at Ardscoil Rath Iomhain in Kildare for over a year. He also spent a year teaching English in Berlin working with the language academy Berlitz. He returned to Ireland to do a Higher Diploma in Mathematical Sciences at UCD and subsequently an MSc in Mathematics in the years 2003-05 under the supervision of Dr Rachel Quinlan now at NUI, Galway. In 2007 he embarked upon pursuing a PhD in Mathematics under the supervision of Professor Thomas J Laffey on the topic of Matrix Theory, in particular, the nonnegative inverse eigenvalue problem and associated problems in Linear Algebra. Throughout his time at UCD he has lectured on modules such as, Maths for Business, How to Communicate Mathematics, Graph and Network Theory, Quantitative Methods, Complex Analysis, Data Analysis for Business Decision Makers, Calculus 1 and 2, The Mathematics of Google and Linear Algebra II in both the UCD School of Mathematics and Statistics, and the Smurfit and Quinn Schools of Business. Upon completing my PhD in 2012 he co-founded a startup company Infonalis, a web based solutions platform specialising in music creation and content. As COO he helped the company secure accelerator funds through Enterprise Ireland, the New Frontiers programme and the Innovation Vouchers scheme.In 2013 I spent a semester lecturing on the Science Access programme at NUI, Maynooth, as well spending just over a year working in industry as a Senior Content Analyst and Researcher for the Learning Analytics company CCKF based in Dublin. His current role (from September 2013) is as mathematics lecturer and Manager of the UCD Maths Support Centre, a free drop-in service for any UCD student registered to a Level 0, 1 or 2 module requiring support on any component of their course with which they are experiencing mathematical or statistical issues. For more information on the MSC please check our website at www.ucd.ie/msc His research interests are Matrix Theory (nonnegative matrices and integer matrices) in pure mathematics and supporting mathematics learning via technology and research-informed practice in the area of mathematics education.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Maths Support Centre ManagerUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland2 Sep 2013
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland2 Sep 2013
- Prof Dip University Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin
- BANational University of Ireland, Galway, Mathematics1 Jan 1997 - 1 Jan 2000
- H. Dip. EdNational University of Ireland, Galway, Education1 Jan 2000 - 1 Jan 2001
- H.Dip Mathematical SciencesUniversity College Dublin, Mathematics1 Jan 2003 - 1 Jan 2004
- MScUniversity College Dublin, Mathematics1 Jan 2004 - 1 Jan 2005
- PhDUniversity College Dublin, Mathematics1 Jan 2007 - 1 Jan 2012Characterizing the spectra of nonnegative matrices
- Professional Diploma (University Teaching and Learning)University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland16 May 2019 - 16 May 2019This diploma comprised four 7.5 ECTS modules in Higher Education Teaching and Learning including: UTL40180 Becoming a Better University Teacher, UTL40140 Assessing for Teaching and Learning, UTL40190 Active Learning with Technology, UTL40240 Getting Published in Teaching.
- Certificate of Continuing Professional Development University Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland11 Sep 2017 - 31 Jan 2018Other