Graduate of University of Dublin (Trinity College), 1976, and of University of London (London School of Economics and Political Science), 1977; Barrister 1989; Jean Monnet Fellow (European University Institute), 1985-86; Editor, Dublin University Law Journal, 1981-99, Editor, Journal of the Irish Society for Labour Law, 1982-96; Special Correspondent, European Industrial Relations Review, 1984-date; National Reporter, International Labour Law Reports, 1990 to date; Executive Committee, International Society for Labour and Social Security Law, (2005 to date); Editorial Advisory Board, Irish Law Reports Monthly (1994 to date); Member of the Council of the Financial Services Ombudsman (2008-2013).
- BA (Mod)Trinity College Dublin
- LLMLondon School of Economics & Political Science UK
- MATrinity College Dublin
- Barrister-at-LawHon Society of Kings Inns IRL
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand
- GermanCan read, write, speak and understand
- ItalianCan read, write, speak and understand