Dr. Bhowmik received his PhD on the topic of real-time condition monitoring of built infrastructure systems. The problem was motivated by the paucity of literature in this field. His recent work in the topic addressed this gap through theoretical developments, numerical simulations and experimentation. Overall his work established and advanced the field of real-time detection through a comprehensive treatment of first order perturbation systems. Dr. Bhowmik currently works as a Postdoctoral Associate in the School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering. He is involved in an SEAI funded project, 'WindPearl', with the primary responsibility of early and accurate prediction of downtime in wind turbines. Dr. Bhowmik was previously employed as a senior mechanical developer at Siemens, AG Ltd., India where he was responsible for determining the fatigue life of turbine blades and vanes using probabilistic approaches.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Co-Lecturer: Advanced Vibrations (MEEN41040)University College Dublin, School of Mechanical and Materials Engineering, Dublin, Ireland9 Sep 2019
- Senior ExecutiveSiemens AG Ltd., Turbine Mechanical Integrity, Gurgaon, India6 Aug 2018 - 28 Feb 2019
- ICSE (10th standard)Holy Cross School Agartala
- CISCE (12th standard)Holy Cross School Agartala
- BTechNational Institute of Technology Agartala
- PhDIndian Institute of Technology Guwahati