Are you Ben Tonra?
Edit your profile
Ben Tonra is Full Professor of International Relations at the UCD School of Politics and International Relations. He is also a Jean Monnet Professor ad personam of European Foreign, Security and Defence Policy. UCD he teaches, researches and publishes in European foreign, security and defence policy, Irish foreign and security policy and International Relations theory. From 2005 to 2010 he was Director of the Graduate School at the UCD College of Human Sciences. Outside the university Ben has served as chair of the Royal Irish Academy's Standing Committee on International Affairs and is a co-leader of a research programme in EU security and defence policy at the Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA), Dublin. From 1997-1999 he was a Lecturer at the Department of International Politics, University of Wales, Aberystwyth. From 1989-1991 he was a Research Associate at the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS) Washington DC. Professor Tonra was born in the United States, is a graduate of the University of Limerick (BA and MA) and completed his doctoral studies at the University of Dublin (Trinity College) in 1996.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- DirectorUCD Institute for British Irish Studies, UCD Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2017
- Jean Monnet ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Dublin European Institute1 Sep 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Research AssociateCenter for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS), Americas Programme1 Jun 1989 - 30 Aug 1991
- LecturerUniversity of Wales, Aberystwyth, Department of International Politics1 Sep 1997 - 30 Aug 1999
- Research DirectorInstitute of European Affairs, Dublin1 Sep 1996 - 30 Aug 1997
- LecturerTrinity College Dublin, Department of Political Science1 Sep 1993 - 30 Aug 1996
- BANational Institute for Higher Education Limerick1982 - 1986
- MANational Institute for Higher Education Limerick1986 - 1988
- PhDTrinity College Dublin1991 - 1996
- FrenchCan read, speak and understand