Are you Bruce Osborne?
Edit your profile
Originally from near King's Lynn, Norfolk, England. Undergraduate BA Degree in Biology from the University of Stirling. Carried out postgraduate research at the University of Nottingham, followed by postdoctoral positions at Queen's University, Belfast and The University of Dundee. Appointed to UCD firstly as an assistant lecturer, progressing to lecturer then senior lecturer and finally associate professor in 2003. Former Ray Lankester Fellow at the Marine Biological Association of the UK and British Council Visiting Lecturer at the University Of Khartoum, Sudan. Periods of leave of absence spent at the University of Delaware, the Marine Biological Association, Plymouth, UK, The Kenyan Agricultural Research Station in Nairobi and Trinity College Dublin (sabbatical). Was Head of the old Botany Department for a short period in 2005 and previously Head of Subject for Botany; currently Research Theme Leader in Plant Sciences in the School of Biology and Environmental Science and member of the UCD Earth Institute. Currently President of the Federation of European Societies of Plant Biology (FESPB), board member of the European Plant Science Organisation (EPSO), since 2010, Chairman of Euroscience Ireland and interim Chairman of the Irish Plant Science Association (IPSA). Married to Clare, with one son, Joshua.
- ProfessorUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Senior (Statutory) LecturerUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Research AssistantUniversity of Nottingham30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Postdoctoral Research AssistantQueen's University of Belfast30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Visiting LecturerUniversity of Khartoum, Sudan30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Postdoctoral Research FellowUniversity of Dundee30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Temporary Visiting LecturerUCC30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Visiting ScientistUCD30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- BAUniversity of Stirling
- PhDUniversity of Nottingham