My research focuses on epithelial barrier function in the context of inflammatory bowel disease. Our lab is investigating novel signaling molecules that promote epithelial cell proliferation and migration or restitution of epithelial cell junctions. Our research is designed to better understand epithelial barrier dysfunction in IBD with the goal of identifying possible novel therapeutic strategies.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Assistant ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, School of Medicine, Ireland2 Sep 2019
- Assistant ProfessorUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Mucosal Inflammation Program, Aurora, USA1 Jul 2014 - 31 Aug 2019
- Research InstructorUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus, Mucosal Inflammation Program, Aurora, United States1 Jun 2010 - 30 Jun 2014
- BScUniversity College Dublin
- PhDUniversity College Dublin