Cecily Kelleher qualified in medicine from UCD in 1980. She worked subsequently in clinical medicine, obtaining an MD degree on the relationship between hypertension and diabetes from UCC in 1987 and fellowship of Royal College of Physicians in 1991. Having completed a Master's degree in public health at UCD she took up a post as senior scientist in clinical epidemiology at the Medical Research Council Epidemiology and Medical Care Unit in London, working on the large-scale Thrombosis Prevention Trial. She was appointed to the foundation chair of Health Promotion at NUI Galway in 1990. In 2002 she was appointed to the Chair of Public Health Medicine and Epidemiology at UCD and was head of the UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science until 2015. In September 2015 she became College Principal, College of Health and Agricultural Sciences. Her research interests include nutrition and lifestyle determinents of health, lifecourse and health inequalities.
- Foundation chair/professor of Health PromotionNational University of Ireland Galway 1990-200230 Dec 1999
- Medical Research Council Senior Scientific Staff memberNorthwick Park hospital, Harrow, United Kingdom 1987-199030 Dec 1999
- MB BCh BAOUniversity College Dublin
- MDUniversity College Cork
- MPHUniversity College Dublin
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand
- GermanCan read, write, speak and understand