I conduct statistical research and teach statistics to undergraduate and graduate students. I am the UCD Director of the Science Foundation Ireland Centre for Research Training (CRT) in Foundations of Data Science (www.data-science.ie), with Prof. James Gleeson (Director, University of Limerick) and Prof. Ken Duffy (Director, Maynooth University). Our CRT will train over 120 Ph.D. students from 2019 to 2026 in the foundations of data science. I am a Funded Investigator in the Insight Centre for Data Analytics and in the VistaMilk Centre for Precision Pasture-based Dairy. My research develops novel statistical methods, largely based on latent variable models, for the analysis of high dimensional data, often of mixed type. The methods solve applied problems across a range of disciplines, including epigenetics, metabolomics, genomics, social science, sports science and political science. I am an Associate Editor for the Annals of Applied Statistics. I was awarded Chartered Statistician (CStat) status by the Royal Statistical Society and am an elected member of Council of the Royal Statistical Society.
- Associate Professor of StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, Ireland13 Jun 2017
- Assistant Professor/Lecturer in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, Ireland, (Three maternity leaves: July 2012-June 2013, October 2014-September 2015, January 2017-December 2017.)1 Jan 2008 - 13 Jun 2017
- Assistant Lecturer in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2006 - 1 Jan 2008
- Visiting ScholarUniversity of Washington, Seattle, United States1 May 2005 - 30 Sep 2005
- BA (Mod)Trinity College Dublin
- PhDTrinity College Dublin