Are you Colin Boreham?
Edit your profile
Colin Boreham is a Sports and Exercise Scientist of 40 years standing. He has published over 170 cited papers in high quality peer reviewed journals, mainly on the topic of exercise and children's health, and has an h index of 50 and an i10 of 119 (Nov 2017). He is the Director of the Young Hearts project, a longitudinal cohort study of children from N Ireland, funded by the British Heart Foundation and the Wellcome Trust. He also retains an active interest in the field of elite sports performance, having been an Olympic competitor himself (Decathlon, 1984 Los Angeles). He is currently the Director of the UCD Institute for Sport and Health, having formerly held the posts of Professor of Sport and Exercise Science (Univ. Ulster,1996-2006) and Director of Physical Education (Queens Univ., 1989-1996). He sits on the editorial boards of two journals ( Sports Medicine and Journal Sports Sciences) and was a member of the 2001 UK Research Assessment Panel for Sports Studies. He has been on advisory panels dealing with children's health for WHO and IOC, and is a Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, European College of Sports Sciences and British Association of Sports and Exercise Sciences.
- Director and Professor of Sports and Exercise ScienceUniversity College Dublin, UCD Institute for Sport and Health1 Jan 2006
- Visiting ProfessorUniversity of Ulster1 Jan 2006
- Professor of Sports and Exercise ScienceUniversity of Ulster1 Jan 1996 - 1 Jan 2006
- Director of Physical EducationQueen's University, Belfast1 Jan 1989 - 1 Jan 1996
- Lecturer in Exercise physiologyQueen's University, Belfast1 Jan 1977 - 1 Jan 1989
- BAUniversity of Birmingham
- MAUniversity of California Berkeley CA
- PhDQueen's University of Belfast UK