School of Information and Communication Studies
Are you Crystal Fulton?
Edit your profile
I study information behaviour in everyday life settings, including workplace and leisure contexts. My research into the information worlds of older adults engaged in serious leisure (e.g., amateur genealogy, local heritage, lacemaking, urban exploration) explores the information worlds developed through leisure participation and the connections among hobbies, digital literacies, communication, community development, information creation, new technologies for social participation, and social inclusion. My recent work on harmful gambling explores ideas around social participation and community further, examining the impact of secret or manipulated information on the lives of gamblers, their families, and communities. My research continues to influence my work with students, not only as social participants but also as professionals who will navigate information and communication in varied contexts.
- BAQueen's University Kingston Ontario
- MAUniversity of Western Ontario
- MLISUniversity of Western Ontario
- PhDUniversity of Western Ontario
- Aurora Leadership ProgrammeLeadership Foundation for Higher Education2016 - 2017Leadership programme for women.
- Mediation Training CertificateConflict Resolution and Mediation Consultants (CRMC), Dublin, Ireland2007 - 2007