Are you Dearbhaile Dooley?
Edit your profile
Upon completion of a BSc in Anatomy from NUI Galway, Dr Dooley relocated to Belgium to undertake a cotutelle PhD at Hasselt and Antwerp Universities in the field of inflammation and CNS trauma. Her PhD research focused on the use of stem cells and immunomodulatory mediators as therapeutic factors for spinal cord injury. During this time, she was also involved in teaching anatomy to medical and biomedical students. Dr Dooley returned to Ireland to join the Renal Inflammation Group at Trinity College Dublin as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow, where she investigated the role of monocytes in a humanised mouse model of ANCA Vasculitis. In 2017, she joined UCD School of Medicine as Assistant Professor in Anatomy. Her research group investigates the inflammatory response after spinal cord injury, with a particular focus on the role of macrophages/microglia and advanced drug delivery systems. She teaches anatomy to undergraduate and graduate-entry medicine as well as allied health students.
- BScNUI Galway IRL
- PhDUniversity of Antwerp Belgium
- Legal Module: Protection of animals used in researchLAST Ireland21 Dec 2016
- Laboratory Animal Science (FELASA C)Hasselt University, Belgium1 Mar 2011
- Professional Diploma in University Teaching and Learning (ongoing)University College Dublin, Ireland11 Sep 2017
- EnglishCan read, write, speak and understand
- Dutch; FlemishCan read, write, speak and understand
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand