Are you Deirdre Campion?
Edit your profile
Deirdre Campion is currently working as an Associate Professor in Veterinary Biosciences. Deirdre trained at the UCD Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, then in Ballsbridge. On graduation, Deirdre moved to the West of Ireland, where she worked in large animal practice for a number of years before moving to the UK. Deirdre worked for a couple of years in the companion animal charity PDSA, at the branch in Ilford, Essex. She subsequently moved back to Ireland and to UCD and completed a PhD in rumen physiology and pharmacology. She joined the lecturing staff of UCD in 2004. Deirdre has held a number of roles during her academic tenure in UCD, including Associate Dean for Teaching and Learning, UCD School of Veterinary Medicine (Sept 2011- Sept 2014); Chair of the UCD MVB and Veterinary Nursing Programme Board (July 2005- Sept 2006, Sept 2011- 2014), and Head of Subject/Director of Veterinary Nursing, Sept 2014- August 2017. Deirdre currently teaches pharmacology and therapeutics, and has a particular interest in legislative aspects. Deirdre maintains a keen interest in veterinary education is an international EAEVE expert in the Basic Sciences, and has taken part in a number of ESEVT accreditation visitations to schools of Veterinary Medicine in Europe.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Associate Dean for Teaching and LearningUCD School of Veterinary Medicine, Belfield, Ireland1 Sep 2011 - 31 Aug 2014
- Head of Subject Veterinary NursingUCD School of Veterinary Medicine, Ireland1 Sep 2014 - 31 Aug 2017
- Research AssistantUniversity College Dublin, Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry,, Ireland1 Jan 1991 - 31 Aug 1994
- Assistant Lecturer (Temporary)University College Dublin, Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry, Ireland1 Sep 1994 - 31 Aug 1995
- College Lecturer (Tenured)University College Dublin, Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry1 Sep 1995 - 1 Mar 2005
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 May 2005
- MVBUniversity College Dublin