Are you Denis Shields?
Edit your profile
Teaching interests: Developing new structured interdisciplinary research training opportunities to help researchers maximise their mastery of both computational and experimental approaches to biology. Research Interests:Using computational methods to identify short peptide modulators of protein interactions alone or in combination, targeting bacterial infection and cardiovascular disease (platelet function). Analysing peptide combinations and gene combinations, to understand better how biological factors synergise, and to try and make use of that in furthering understanding of biological and disease processes, and how to target them.
- Professor of Clinical BioinformaticsUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999
- Senior Lecturer Clinical PharmacologyRCSI30 Dec 1999
- Lecturer in Clinical PharmacologyRCSI30 Dec 1999
- Wellcome Bioinformatics Fellow, GeneticsTrinity College Dublin30 Dec 1999
- Research Fellow in Genetic EpidemiologyUniversity of Southampton, UK30 Dec 1999
- Research Assistant, Irish National Centre for BioinformaticsTrinity College Dublin, Ireland1986 - 1989
- Biometrics ManagerIcon Clinical Research, Dublin30 Dec 1999
- Managing DirectorSurgen Ltd, Dublin 2, Ireland1 Jan 1998 - 31 Aug 2005
- BA (Mod)Trinity College Dublin
- PhDTrinity College Dublin