Associate Professor, Head Of School
School of Sociology
Are you Diane Payne?
Edit your profile
Associate Professor Diane Payne is the Director of the Dynamics Lab for Computational Social Science, which is located at the UCD Geary Institute for Public Policy in University College Dublin. She completed her doctoral research at the ICS, Department of Sociology at the University of Groningen in the Netherlands. Whilst studying for her doctoral degree, she received an ICS doctoral scholarship and was also awarded an EU Jean Marie Fellowship. She worked as a post-doctoral researcher at the University of Cambridge and co-authored with the Leverhulme Research Professor Robert Bennett, a book and several papers on local and regional economic development in the United Kingdom. Prior to her PhD work, she was awarded a Joint Honours Major in Economics and Sociology for her primary degree and a Masters Degree in European Social Policy Analysis (1st class honours) at NUI Maynooth. In 2000, she received the UCD President's Research Award for her study of social partnership and wage bargaining in Ireland. She has received a number of major research awards from various Irish and International funding bodies and has an excellent track record in successfully completing and publishing the research work proposed for these various research awards to date.
- Ph.D Research Fellow/Assistant LecturerUniversity of Groningen, Netherlands, Interuniversity Centre for Social Science Theory and Methodology1 Sep 1992 - 10 May 1997
- Post Doctoral Research FellowUniversity of Cambridge, Cambridge, England4 Aug 1997 - 28 Aug 1998
- Lecturer/Course Director of Applied Social Research Masters Degree ProgrammeTrinity College, Dublin., Department of Sociology1 Aug 1998 - 20 Aug 1999
- Assistant ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, School of Sociology, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 1999 - 31 Aug 2001
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, School of Sociology, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2006 - present
- Policy ResearcherWRC (Social and Economic Consultants), Dublin14 Aug 1991 - 20 Jun 1992
- BANUI Maynooth IRL
- MScNUI Maynooth IRL
- PhDUniversity of Groningen