School of Agriculture and Food Science
Are you Eileen Gibney?
Edit your profile
Profile: Associate Prof Eileen Gibney (BSc, PhD, MSc) has worked in the area of human nutrition since 1997. Graduating with a degree in human nutrition from the University of Ulster at Coleraine, she then obtained her PhD from the Dunn Nutrition Unit, University of Cambridge in 2001. She went on to complete an MSc in Molecular Medicine (TCD) in 2003. Eileen held post-doctoral positions at the University of Newcastle and Trinity College Dublin, before joining UCD as Lecturer in Nutrition in 2005. Her current research interests lie in the area of personalised nutrition, where she develops strategies and innovative technologies for personalised dietary and lifestyle feedback based on dietary, phenotypic and genetic information of the individual. She is a Deputy Director of the UCD Institute of Food and Health and a member of the academic staff for BSc Human Nutrition. She is Associate Dean of Teaching and Learning within the School of Agriculture and Food Science. In addition Eileen is a Director of the Irish Association for Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism (IrSPEN) and sits on the Public Health Nutrition sub Committee in the Food Safety Authority of Ireland.
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2005 - present
- Post Doctoral ResearcherDept of Biochemistry, Trinity College Dublin1 Sep 2003 - 31 Aug 2005
- Post Doctoral ResearcherDept of Biological and Nutritional Sciences, University of Newcastle Upon Tyne2 Sep 2002 - 1 Oct 2002
- Webpage Project Co-ordinatorEuropean Nutrition Leadership Programme1 May 2001 - 31 Jul 2001
- Nutritional Advisore-Diets.com1 Sep 2000 - 31 Oct 2000
- BScUniversity of Ulster
- MScTrinity College Dublin
- PhDUniversity of Cambridge
- Prof Cert University Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin
- PG Cert University Teaching and LearningUniversity College Dublin
- EnglishCan read, write, speak and understand