Are you Elizabeth Barrett?
Edit your profile
Elizabeth Barrett is a Consultant in Psychological Medicine (Liaison Child and Adolescent Psychiatry) at Children's University Hospital, Temple Street and an Associate Professor at UCD. Clinically, Dr Barrett advocates for enhanced services for children and adolescents with both medical and mental health illnesses in paediatric settings.As a research active clinician, she participates in local clinical research. Much of her work in Psychological Medicine has an interdisciplinary focus, interfacing across the hospital to support children and their families, and welcomes the opportunity to develop links with paediatric and surgical colleagues. She has a particular interest in the wellbeing of clinicians and is Schwartz rounds Lead in Temple St. She also participates in Balint groups and training for paediatric and psychiatry trainees. She is also the lead for an interdisciplinary conference in 2017 at UCD, titled "Mind Reading: Mental Health and the written word", which will be held again at Birmingham in 2018. This is a collaborative, interdisciplinary collaboration with colleagues at Oxford and Birmingham. She has developed several national postgraduate training initiatives in conjunction with UCD, the College of Psychiatry of Ireland, the RCPI and with the Lucena Clinic. Clinical research projects include clinial projects around Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry including emergency department presentations, Eating Disorders and Tic Disorders. Medical Education research has included Interdisciplinary research, Mindreading, the international Trainee Burnout (BOSS) Study, the CAP-STATE study (exploring Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Training in Europe). Her early interest in the interface between physical illness and mental health stemmed from basic training and membership examinations in paediatric medicine prior to training in Psychiatry. She completed the Dublin University rotational training programme and completing Higher Specialist training in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Ireland. She worked at Great Ormond Street and the South London and Maudsley Trust prior to taking up her post at Temple St and UCD.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Assoc Clinical ProfessorSchool of Medicine and Medical Sciences, UCD CAP, IrelandMay 2016
- Consultant in Child and Adolescent PsychiatryChildren's University Hosptial, Temple St, Dublin 12016
- B.Med.Sc.University College Cork
- MB BCh BAOUniversity College Cork
- Masters in Medical EducationQueens University Belfast, London, United Kingdom
- MRCPIRCPI, Paediatrics and Child Health, Cork, IrelandPaediatric Medicine and Child Health
- MRCPsychRoyal College of Psychiatrists, London, United Kingdom1 Jan 2008OtherSupervised by BARRETT
- DCHDiploma in Child Health, Ireland
- DCPDiploma in Clinical Psychiatry, Ireland