Are you Enda Murphy?
Edit your profile
Enda is currently the Vice-Principal for Graduate Studies and Director of the Graduate School for the College of Social Sciences and Law (CoSSL). He is also Professor of Planning at the School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy. He holds a B.A Natural Science (2002), Postgraduate Diploma in Statistics (2004) and PhD (2005) in Transportation Planning all from Trinity College Dublin (TCD). Prior to being appointed at UCD he worked as an Environmental Protection Agency and Science Foundation Ireland Research Fellow at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, TCD where he undertook research in the area of environmental acoustics. His research interests are broad in scope but centre on the areas of urban transportation and spatial planning, environmental noise, neoliberalisation and crises, and related issues. He has published widely in the international literature including, inter alia, in such journals as Environment International, Journal of Environmental Management, Transportation Research A and D, Planning Theory, Urban Studies, Town Planning Review, Geoforum, Cities and Applied Acoustics. He is author/co-author of more than 70 academic journal papers, book chapters, conference papers and reports and is co-author of two books. Enda has held visiting professor positions at the University of Economics, Ho Chi Minh City, University of Hartford, USA and Cape Peninsula University of Technology, Cape Town. He is a former Fulbright Scholar.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Vice-Principal for Graduate StudiesCollege of Social Science & Law, Ireland1 Sep 2015 - 31 Aug 2018
- ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Feb 2017
- Senior LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2014 - 31 Jan 2017
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2008 - 31 Dec 2013
- Research FellowUniversity College Dublin1 Oct 2007 - 31 Aug 2008
- Research FellowTrinity College Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2005 - 30 Sep 2007
- BATrinity College Dublin
- PG DIPTrinity College Dublin
- PhDTrinity College Dublin