Ernesto Vasquez Del Aguila
Are you Ernesto Vasquez Del Aguila?
Edit your profile
Dr. Ernesto Vasquez del Aguila is a medical anthropologist who has worked in Latin America, Ireland, and the USA on issues of Migration, Masculinity, Sexuality, and Global Health. He earned his PhD in Anthropology-Sociomedical Sciences from Columbia University, New York City. His latest book is entitled “Being a Man in a Transnational World: The Masculinity and Sexuality of Migration” (Routledge 2014). He has published on areas of sexual and reproductive rights; transnational migration; the health of sexual minorities; masculinity; sexuality and non-discrimination. He received the Award for Excellence in Global Health, from the School of Public Health, Columbia University. He taught courses in University College Dublin: Masculinities and Equality (EQUL40310 and SSJ30080), Global Health Inequalities (SSJ20070).
- Research Fellow, UCD School of Social Justice, University College DublinEgalitarian World Initiative (EWI) Marie Curie Transfer of Knowledge1 Apr 2009 - 30 Jun 2009
- Research FellowCenter for Gender Sexuality and Health, Sociomedical Sciences Department, Mailman School of Public Health, Columbia University, New York City1 Aug 2002 - 31 Dec 2005
- LecturerUniversidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Master in Social, Gender, Population and Development, Lima, Peru1 Dec 2000 - 30 Jul 2002
- Research Fellow: Social Research on Reproductive Health and SexualityCentro de Estudios de Estado y Sociedad (CEDES) - Ford Fundation, Argentina.1 Aug 1997 - 31 Oct 1999
- PhDColumbia University, New York City, United States2002 - 2008