Prof Fiona McNicholas is a Consultant in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry in Lucena Clinic, Rathgar and Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin. She trained in Psychiatry in Guys Hospital, and in Child Psychiatry in Great Ormond Street Hospital, London. She carried out a research fellowship in Stanford University, CA in 1999-2001 and returned as visiting professor in 2013/2014. She was Assistant Professor at Columbia University, NY prior to her appointment as chair in UCD in 2001.
- Consultant Child & Adolescent PsychiatristOLCHC Crumlin, Pediatric Liaison psychiatry, Dublin, IrelandOct 2001
- MB MCh BAO-
- Dip Chin Psychology-
- Senior registrar Child Psychaitry RotationGreat ormond Street, Child Psychaitry, London, United Kingdom
- Research fellowStanford Medicine, Psychiatry, Stanford, United StatesSep 1989 - Jun 1991
- Visiting professorStanford University School of Medicine, Child Psychiatry, Stanford, United StatesSep 2015 - Aug 2016
- Assistant ProfessorNewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University, Psychiatry, New York, United StatesSep 1999 - Aug 2001