Are you Frank Monahan?
Edit your profile
Frank Monahan holds a B.Sc (Biochemistry), Higher Diploma in Education and Graduate Diploma in University Teaching and Learning from University College Dublin and a PhD (Food Science and Technology) from University College Cork. Prior to joining UCD he was a postdoctoral scientist at the University of California, Davis and a visiting scholar at Michigan State University. His research interests are in meat authentication, muscle fatty acids and antioxidants and in dietary factors affecting lipid and myoglobin oxidation in muscle foods. He has over 130 published peer reviewed papers and experience in managing/participating in national funded research projects under the Food Institutional Research Measure, the Teagasc Walsh Fellowship and Science Foundation Ireland programmes and participating in EU projects.
- Postdoctoral ScientistUniversity of California, Davis1 Sep 1992 - 31 Dec 1993
- Visiting ScholarMichigan State University1 May 1990 - 31 Dec 1991
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Jan 1994 - 1 Sep 2002
- Senior Lecturer/Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2002 - 31 Dec 2009
- ProfessorUniversity College Dublin31 Mar 2009
- BScUniversity College Dublin
- GDipUniversity College Dublin
- H Dip in EducationUniversity College Dublin
- PhDUniversity College Cork