Lecturer/Assistant Professor In Consumer Behaviour And Technology Adoption
School of Business
Are you Geertje Schuitema?
Edit your profile
I am a Lecturer in Consumer Behaviour and Technology Adoption at UCD's College of Business. Prior to joining UCD, I received my MSc and PhD degrees in Social and Behavioural Sciences from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands. After my PhD, I was a Research Fellow at the Centre for Transport Research, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom and at the faculty of Business and Social Sciences at Aarhus University, Denmark. As a social scientist I work with scholars from many different disciplines and industry on issues around consumer behaviour, public engagement and policy acceptance. This is evident in my active involvement in various research institutes and centers at UCD: I am Principal Investigator in UCD's Energy Institute, Funded Investigator of the Irish Centre for Research in Applied Geosciences (iCRAG), Funded Investigator of the Energy Systems Integration Partnership Programme (ESIPP), Academic collaborator of the Sustainable Electrical Energy Systems Strategic (SEES) Research Cluster and Academic collaborator of the Centre for Business and Society (CeBaS).
- External LecturerAarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark1 Sep 2014 - 1 Aug 2015
- Research FellowAarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark3 Jan 2011 - 31 Jul 2014
- Research FellowUniversity of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, United Kingdom1 Apr 2009 - 31 Dec 2010
- DemonstratorUniversity of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands1 Sep 2008 - 1 Apr 2009
- ResearcherUniversity of Groningen, Groningen, Netherlands1 Jan 2008 - 31 Jul 2008
- MScUniversity of Groningen1997 - 2002
- PhDUniversity of Groningen2002 - 2007