Are you Hilda Loughran?
Edit your profile
Associate ProfessorDr Hilda Loughran's areas of interest include;alcohol and drugs policy and practices, social work education, counselling and brief interventions and crisis interventions. She has been engaged in policy and practice research projects for many years. She has been instrumental in developing qualitative research approaches that focus on the inclusion of clients, service users perspectives. Her most recent research projects include work in the areas of alcohol use, crisis pregnancy, community drugs issues and brief interventions. She edited Substance Use in Social Work Education and Training (2016). Her book on Crisis Therapies serves as an important publication for social work education. She is also working on research related to engaging service users in social work education. Her teaching commitments are primarily in the Masters in Social Work programme where she is responsible for courses on social counselling skills, group work, social work and addiction and brief interventions. She also supervises a number of PhD students.
- Director of Training and SupervisionEastern Health Board, Stanhope Addiction Centre1 Mar 1987 - 1 Sep 1990
- Housing Welfare OfficerDublin County Council1 Mar 1978 - 1 Feb 1985
- BSocScUniversity College Dublin
- Dip APPSSUniversity College Dublin
- MSocScUniversity College Dublin