Are you Julian Menuge?
Edit your profile
Julian Menuge joined the School as a postdoctoral researcher in 1983 and has been a lecturer since 1989, becoming senior lecturer (later called associate professor) in 2005. His research interests have included the application of isotopic and other geochemical methods to solving a diverse range of geological problems, including sediment provenance, magmagenesis and Precambrian crustal evolution. His main current interest is the application of petrographic and isotope geochemical techniques to the formation of hydrothermal and magmatic ore deposits, especially Irish zinc-lead ore deposits and rare metal pegmatites. He lectures in geochemistry, igneous petrology, ore geology and elementary mineralogy. He has taken a keen interest in developing teaching and learning within the School and in Science generally and has been Head of Teaching and Learning for the School since 2005. He was Associate Dean of Science 2007-2010. He played a major role in setting up a Joint BSc Degree in Archaeology and Geology in 2007, the first of its kind in Ireland, and co-ordinates curriculum review and improvement for the School of Earth Sciences. He was centrally involved in setting up the Institute of Geologists of Ireland in the late 1990s and served as its first Secretary. He has been Secretary of the National Committee for Geology (2000-2004) and the Geosciences Committee (2004-2009) of the Royal Irish Academy, and Vice Chair of the latter (2009-2014). He has contributed to geological outreach in Ireland, especially through giving lectures and leading field trips for the Irish Geological Association and as a Council member of that organisation from 1984 until 1999.
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Jan 1986 - 30 Jun 1986
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Oct 1986 - 30 Sep 1987
- Post-doctoral fellowDepartment of Education, Dublin, Geology Department20 Dec 1982 - 19 Dec 1985
- Post-doctoral fellowDepartment of Education, Dublin, Geology Department1 Jul 1986 - 30 Sep 1986
- Post-doctoral fellowUniversity College Dublin1 Oct 1987 - 31 Aug 1989
- BScUniversity of Leicester
- PhDUniversity of Cambridge