Are you James Jones?
Edit your profile
2012-present Professor of Anatomy, UCD2002-2012 Senior Lecturer in Physiology UCD2002 MD (NUI) by published work1995-2002 College Lecturer Physiology UCD1993-1995 Wellcome Trust Lectureship RFHSM London1993 PhD University of London1989-1990 Lecturer in Physiology University College Dublin 1989 BSc(Hons) Physiology First class honours University College Dublin1987 MB BCh BAO University College DublinI am a neuroanatomist interested in autonomic control of the gastrointestinal tract and cardiorespiratory systems. At present I am working collaboratively with colorectal surgeons on the neural control systems of defaecation and the anal canal. Our objective is to refine the medical devices that are used in cases of faecal incontinence. I also have an active research interest in 3D printing in Anatomy, artificial muscles and neural prosthetic interfaces.
- House OfficerSligo General Hospital, Cardiology30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Medical DemonstratorUniversity College Dublin, Department of Physiology and Histology30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Department of Physiology and Histology30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Research FellowRoyal Free School of Medicine, Department of Physiology30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- LecturershipRoyal Free Hospital School of Medicine, Department of Physiology30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Department of Human Anatomy and Physiology30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- House OfficerMater Hospital Dublin, General Surgery30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- BScUniversity College Dublin
- MB BCh BAOUniversity College Dublin
- PhDUniversity of London