Are you John Stowe?
Edit your profile
John Stowe joined the UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science in January 2007. This followed from 20 years of experience in the Diagnostic Imaging industry. The years from 1986 to 1999 were spent in Siemens Ireland as a service engineer specialising in Computerised Tomography (CT), Nuclear Medicine & Picture Archiving and Communications Systems (PACS). John was also an Advanced Clinical Applications Specialist for Siemens workstations and software. By 1999 John had become Service Manager for these imaging specialities. During this time John successfully undertook a Higher Diploma in Physical Sciences in Medicine.In late 1999, John took up a position with GE Healthcare (Ireland) as Medical Systems Product Specialist. Shortly afterwards, he became the Diagnostic Imaging Service Manager for Ireland. In 2003, John took up the role of PACS Business Manager for Ireland. In this role he grew GE's market share from its fledgling position to the dominant supplier of this product in the Irish marketplace by January 2007.For 17 years prior to joining UCD in a full time capacity, John had also been a guest lecturer at under & post graduate level for UCD in the areas of CT Technology, Image Quality, Healthcare IT and Medical Standards.John now lectures on topics such as CT, Healthcare Information Technology (HCIT) including PACS and Radiology Information Systems (RIS), Physics, Quality Assurance & supports both under graduate and post graduate research. In 2014, John was a awarded a PhD for his CT research entitled "A study of the efficacy of a predictive correction technique for the metallic beam hardening streak artifact in Computed Tomography of the head". Current active research projects include medical display longevity, image based CT artifact correction software, CT simulation for Radiographic educational purposes and advanced technology based teaching and assessment.
- Technologies Lecturer Diagnostic ImagingUniversity College Dublin1 Jan 2007 - 1 Nov 2010
- Field Service EngineerSiemens Ireland1 Sep 1986 - 31 Dec 1998
- Medical Systems Product SpecialistGE Healthcare1 Dec 2000 - 31 Dec 2001
- Advanced Clinical Applications SpecialistSiemens Ireland Limited1 Jan 1999 - 31 Dec 1999
- Service Manager CT & PACSSiemens Ireland Limited, CT & PACS teams.1 Sep 1999 - 31 Dec 1999
- Service Manager - Republic of IrelandGE Healthcare1 Jan 2002 - 31 Dec 2003
- RIS/PACS Business Manager IrelandGE Healthcare1 Jan 2004 - 31 Dec 2006
- Dr PhilUniversity College Dublin
- Higher Diploma Physical Sciences in MedicineTrinity College Dublin, Medical Physics, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 1997 - 28 May 1999Other