Jon Paul Faulkner
Are you Jon Paul Faulkner?
Edit your profile
Jon Paul Faulkner is a Post-doctoral Research Fellow working in the School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy at University College Dublin. Jon is currently working on a project entitled, 'Noise Adapt - Transitioning to strategic noise mapping under CNOSSOS-EU'. Jon has a PhD in Social and Environmental Policy, and Regional Studies; thesis entitled, 'Rural restructuring and household vulnerability and resilience after a global economic shock'. Examined by Prof. Mark Shucksmith (OBE). This research was supervised by Prof. Enda Murphy and Prof. Mark Scott. Jon has a rich experience in research methodology, graduating from TCD with a M.Sc. in Applied Social Research, and previously leading projects using both quantitative and qualitative research techniques in a work place environment for over 5 years. Such quantitative research has included extensive application of linear and logistic regression modelling and principle component analysis. Jon's has extensive experience in statistical analysis has been used in conjunction with strategic mapping using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Post-Doctoral Research FellowUniversity College Dublin, School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy, Dublin, Ireland1 Feb 2018
- Research OfficerUniversity College Dublin, School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy, Dublin, Ireland11 Sep 2017 - 31 Jan 2018
- Tutor part-timeUniversity College Dublin, School of Architecture, Planning and Environmental Policy, Dublin, Ireland9 Sep 2013 - 8 Sep 2017
- Research OfficerUniversity College Dublin, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health System, Dublin, Ireland4 Sep 2006 - 18 Dec 2009
- Research OfficerTeagasc - Research Centre, Commission of Economic Development for Rural Areas, Dublin, Ireland10 Sep 2012 - 6 Sep 2013
- Deckhand Trawler FishingPatrick Faulkner, Dunleer, Ireland7 Nov 2011 - 31 Aug 2012
- Travelling, part-time employmentN/A3 Feb 2010 - 27 Oct 2010
- Research OfficerSt. James's Hospital, Dementia Services Information and Development Centre, Dublin, Ireland2 May 2005 - 30 Jun 2006
- PhDUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland9 Sep 2013 - 7 Sep 2017
- M.Sc.Trinity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland11 Oct 2004 - 7 Oct 2005