Jorie Lagerwey is a Lecturer in Television Studies in the School of English, Drama, Film and Creative Writing. She is the author of Postfeminist Celebrity and Motherhood: Brand Mom, which analyzes contemporary representations of motherhood in celebrity brands and reality television. Her current project is Horrible White People: Gendering Television Whiteness, which she is co-authoring with Taylor Nygaard. Her work has appeared in Cinema Journal, Television and New Media, Genders, and elsewhere. Dr. Lagerwey's primary research interests are in the representations of gender and race on television and other digital media; TV genre; discourses of quality on TV and online; and celebrity culture.
- Lecturer in Television StudiesUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2012
- Visiting Assistant ProfessorUniversity of Notre Dame15 Aug 2009 - 31 May 2012
- Adjunct Assistant ProfessorElmhurst College15 Aug 2011 - 31 May 2012
- MAUniv of Southern California
- BADuke University NC USA
- PhDUniv of Southern California