Are you Joe Cassidy?
Edit your profile
Qualified with MVB from UCD in 1986. Worked in general veterinary practice until 1990. Veterinary Research Officer with Department of Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Sciences Division, Stormont, N.Ireland from 1990-1999. During this time obtained PhD for research on early pathogenesis of bovine tuberculosis. Joined Department of Veterinary Pathology, UCD in 1999, promoted to Associate Professor in 2004. Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists since 2002. Served as Scientific editor with 'The Veterinary Journal' 2007-2014. Elected member of 'The Veterinary Council of Ireland' 2007-2011. Member of Specialist Advisory Committee (Veterinary Pathology) of the Royal College of Pathologists. External subject examiner at The Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh and at The Royal Veterinary College, London since 2018. Areas of expertise: Gross anatomical pathology, histopathology and immunohistochemistry, Assessment of laboratory animal models of human disease, Disease investigation and immunopathogenesis studies.
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland30 Dec 1999
- General Veterinary Practice_30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Veterinary Research OfficerVeterinary Sciences Division, Stormont, Belfast, Department of Veterinary Pathology, Veterinary Sciences Division, Stormont, Belfast30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Dip RC PATH-
- MVBUniversity College Dublin
- PhDQueen's University of Belfast UK