Are you Kalpana Shankar?
Edit your profile
After completing my Ph.D. in library and information science at UCLA, I conducted postdoctoral research in the Center for Embedded Networked Sensing at UCLA and completed a AAAS Science Policy Fellowship at the National Institutes of Health Office of Evaluation. I was an Assistant Professor at Indiana University-Bloomington's School of Informatics and Computing before joining the staff at UCD in the School of Information and Library Studies in July 2011.My research focuses on the uses of data and information (digital and otherwise) in the social sciences, open data, and data archives. I draw from theory and practice in archival and information studies and STS (science, technology, and society), as well as related fields such as computer supported cooperative work and human-computer interaction.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Head of SchoolUniversity College Dublin, School of Information and Communication Studies, Belfield, Dublin, Please Select (only U.S. / Can / Aus), 4, Ireland1 Sep 2015 - 31 Aug 2018
- FellowUCD Geary Institute for Public Policy, Dublin, Ireland1 Apr 2018
- College Lecturer RepresentativeUniversity College Dublin, College of Social Sciences and Law, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2013 - 1 Jul 2014
- Seed Grant ReviewerUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Mar 2014 - 1 Apr 2014
- ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, School of Information and Communication Studies, Dublin, Ireland1 Jul 2016
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin, School of Information and Library Studies, Dublin, Ireland15 Jul 2011 - 30 Jun 2016
- Assistant ProfessorIndiana University-Bloomington, School of Informatics and Computing, Bloomington, IN, USA15 Aug 2004 - 15 Jun 2011
- PhDUniversity of California LA1997 - 2002
- Postdoctoral FellowUniversity of California Los Angeles, Center for Embedded Network Sensing, Los Angeles, United States1 Oct 2002 - 15 Jul 2003data sharing/data managementPostdoctoral FellowshipSupervised by Estrin D
- AAAS Fellow in Science PolicyNational Institutes of Health, Office of the Director/Office of Evaluation, Bethesda, Maryland, USA1 Sep 2003 - 1 Aug 2004research evaluationPostdoctoral FellowshipSupervised by Knowles C
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand
- TamilCan speak and understand