Kate has a long career in Radiography practice, education and research. In her early clinical career, she particularly worked in trauma, paediatric and neonatal radiography, angiography and computed tomography. As Head of Diagnostic Imaging in UCD for thirteen years from 1993 to 2006 Kate led the development of the first radiography degree in Europe in 1989, and in 1993 directed the redevelopment of this degree as a four year honours programme. Between 1993 and 2003, Kate was responsible for the burgeoning graduate profile of Radiography in UCD, overseeing the introduction of postgraduate courses in Ultrasound, Computed Tomography, Radionuclide Imaging, Magnetic Resonance and Breast Imaging, and supporting the first postgraduate researchers in Diagnostic Imaging. An ongoing campaign to move Radiography onto the UCD campus reached fruition in 2005, and Kate was part of the team which secured state-of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging facilities for the Health Sciences Centre. Kate retains her enthusiasm for paediatric radiography and clinically relevant independent research in Radiography, and leads modules in these areas for undergraduate students.
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Radiography, Ireland16 May 2016
- Head of RadiographyUniversity College Dublin, Ireland16 Aug 1993 - 29 Sep 2006
- Dip RadiographyCollege of Radiographers London UK
- FETCCity & Guilds of London Instit
- H Dip RadiographyCollege of Radiographers London UK