School of English, Drama and Film
Are you Katherine Fama?
Edit your profile
Dr. Fama is an Assistant Professor of American Literature in the School of English, Film, and Drama at University College Dublin. Dr. Fama is at work on the Architecture of Singleness. This book project uncovers the reciprocal relationship between the early 20th-century novel, domestic architecture, and the single woman in America. Most recently, Dr. Fama held a Marie Curie Fellowship with the Zukunftskolleg and the Department of Literature, and a Research Fellowship with the Institute for Advanced Studies at the University of Konstanz, in southern Germany. Dr. Fama has also been the recipient of a Volkswagen Postdoctoral Research Fellowship taken at the Literature Department of the John F. Kennedy Institute for North-American Studies at Free University Berlin, a yearlong NEH grant at Winterthur Museum and Library, and fellowships from Smith College, the Huntington Library, and the Lilly Library. Dr. Fama has served in the Delegate Assembly of the MLA and organized recent panels for the Modernist Studies Association and the American Studies Association. She currently serves as the Vice Chair of the Irish Association for American Studies. Dr. Fama received her doctorate in English and American Literature (with a certificate in American Culture Studies) from Washington University in St. Louis in 2013. She teaches feminist theory, architecture and literature, sexuality studies, and the modern American novel. Her previous work in narrative theory and modernism can be found in 'JML', work on architecture, race and single women in 'MELUS', and examinations of women's narrative accounting in 'Studies in American Naturalism'. Dr. Fama welcomes interest from students interested in the MA in American Literature or in undertaking a PhD at University College Dublin.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research FellowUniversity of Konstanz, Zukunftskolleg, Konstanz, Germany2 May 2015 - 20 May 2016
- Research FellowUniversity of Konstanz, Institute for Advanced Study/ Kulturwissenschaftliches Kolleg, Konstanz, Germany2 May 2015 - 20 May 2016
- National Endowment for the Humanities Research FellowWinterthur Museum & Library, Winterthur, United States1 Sep 2014 - 1 May 2015
- Volkswagen Foundation Postdoctoral FellowFree University Berlin, JFK Institute for North-American Studies, Literature Division, Berlin, Germany1 Sep 2013 - 1 Aug 2014
- BASwarthmore College PA
- MANew York University USA
- PhDWashington Univ Missouri