Are you Kathleen Curran?
Edit your profile
My research interests are in Medical Image Analysis and Machine Learning, Image Registration, Finite Element Modelling and Diffusion Tensor Magnetic Resonance Imaging (DT-MRI) and Positron Emission Tomography. My group conducts basic and applied research in DT-MRI of the brain, heart and more recently the musculoskeletal system. These multidisciplinary international research studies span medical imaging, computer science and engineering, have a proven success in publications and encourage innovative approaches amongst my postgraduate researchers. These studies lead to better understanding of structural-functional relationships in the brain, heart and most recently in muscle and bone. Ultimately, we hope to bridge the gap between researchers and clinicians and build real-world clinical applications with the support of industrial partners.
- Lecturer / Assistant ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland9 Oct 2006
- Visiting LecturerBusiness School, University of Greenwich, London2 May 2005 - 30 Jun 2006
- Postdoctoral Research FellowKings College London, United Kingdom1 Jun 2005 - 31 Aug 2006
- Software Engineering TutorHong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, Hong Kong1 Sep 2003 - 31 Jul 2005
- Visiting ResearcherUniversity of Pennsylvania, USA, United States10 Mar 2002 - 31 Aug 2002
- TutorDept. of Computer Science, University College London1 Jan 2001 - 1 Jan 2005
- BScUniversity of Salford
- MScOpen University
- PhDUniversity of London