Are you Kate Frazer?
Edit your profile
I am the Director of Graduate Research Degrees and a Stage 4 coordinator of the general nursing degree programme. I am a registered general nurse with over 25 years of experience including clinical experience at regional specialist units in Belfast and Dublin. I was a hepatitis C clinical nurse specialist and a Practice Development Coordinator prior to joining UCD. I was a researcher at UCD School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science 2001 to 2003 and subsequently 2006 to 2008 to complete a PhD. I was appointed lecturer at UCD School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Systems in 2003. My research activity in UCD includes success in obtaining competitive funding grants and fellowship awards. I was a Cochrane Fellow and completed two systematic reviews for Tobacco Addiction Group, Oxford. My research focus is integrated care with a focus on vulnerable populations and smoking related research. I have completed national research projects examining vulnerable population groups including people with hepatitis C, Travellers, older people and recently people enduring mental illness in relation to community resources and palliative care services. I am a PhD supervisor and examiner focusing clinical research questions using multiple and mixed methods and recently realist evaluation. My research interests include systematic reviewing, evidence based practice, tobacco control, public and population health in particular with vulnerable populations, motivational interviewing and health promotion. In the past year I was appointed as External Observer for Global Network for Tobacco Free Healthcare Services Gold Forum Awards and appointed as a Fellow of the European Academy of Nursing Science. I am a Fellow of the Royal Society Public Health (UK). I am an external reviewer for a number of high impact journals, a member of the International Advisory Committee for Perspectives in Public Health journal and I am a Reviewer for the Health Information Research Unit, McMaster University. I hold a PhD and a Masters degree in Public Health and a Higher Diploma in Health care Risk Management from University College Dublin. I hold a BSc (Health Studies) from Queen's University Belfast.
- BScQueen's University of Belfast UK1993 - 1995
- Diploma in Advanced Study Health CareQueen's University of Belfast UK1991 - 1993
- HDipUniversity College Dublin1997 - 1998
- MPHUniversity College Dublin1999 - 2000
- PhDUniversity College Dublin2006 - 2008
- REGISTERED GENERAL NURSEBelfast Northern College of Nursing
- Cochrane Training FellowshipCochrane Oxford and Health Research Board, UK and Ireland1 Jan 2014 - 30 Jun 2016Postdoctoral FellowshipSupervised by Professor Cecily Kelleher
- Aurora Leadership ProgrammeLeadership Foundation for Higher Education UK, United Kingdom31 Oct 2017 - 1 Nov 2018Other