Lucy Collins joined UCD in 2008 after previously teaching at Trinity College Dublin and in the UK at the University of Cumbria. A graduate of Trinity College Dublin, where she completed both her BA and PhD degrees, she spent a year at Harvard University on a Fulbright Postdoctoral Fellowship. Her research interests are in poetry and poetics; recent publications include Contemporary Irish Women Poets: Memory and Estrangement (2015), Poetry by Women in Ireland 1870-1970: A Critical Anthology (2012) and a co-edited collection of essays Aberration in Modern Poetry (2011). She has published widely on individual poets from Ireland, Britain and America and has a particular interest in gender issues and in ecocriticism. A co-edited anthology, The Irish Poet and the Natural World: An Anthology of Verse in English from the Tudors to the Romantics, was published by Cork University Press in 2014.
- Senior LecturerUniversity of Cumbria4 Sep 2000 - 31 Dec 2007
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 1998 - 31 Aug 2000
- BA (Mod)Trinity College Dublin
- PhDTrinity College Dublin
- MRes History of the BookUniversity of London
- Prof Dip University Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin