My academic background is in French literature, history and cultural studies. My main publications, to date, are: - Hitler's French Literary Afterlives, 1945-2017 (Palgrave 2019, forthcoming); - Writing Vichy: Ego-Histories of France and the Second World War (Palgrave 2018); - The Long Aftermath: Cultural Legacies of Europe at War, 1936-2016 (Berghahn, 2018, 2nd edition); I am on the editorial board of the journal Open Cultural Studies(De Gruyter), an editor of H-France, and a Committee Member of the United Kingdom Sartre Society (UKSS) and the ADEFFI. I am also a peer-reviewer for the British Academy (interdisciplinary research funding programme, 'The Humanities and Social Sciences Tackling the UK’s International Challenges') and I regularly review book proposals and research articles for leading publishers and journals in my field (including Palgrave, Routledge, Leeds White Rose University, Modern & Contemporary France, Journal of European Studies, Essays in French Literature and Culture).
- PhDQueen's University of Belfast
- Prof Cert University Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin
- Postgraduate Teaching CertificateUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Jun 2018
- PortugueseCan read, speak and understand
- Spanish; CastilianCan read and understand
- ItalianCan read