Are you Marc Caball?
Edit your profile
Marc Caball is an historian and associate professor in UCD School of History. He is the lead investigator on the Irish Research Council funded project 'Mapping readers and readership in Dublin, 1826-1926: a new cultural geography'. His research centres on the cultural history of early modern Ireland in an Atlantic context. In 2017 he published 'Kerry 1600-1730: the emergence of a British Atlantic county'. He has extensive experience of research policy and funding at national and European levels. He was chairman of the COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology) Domain Committee for Individuals, Cultures, Societies and Health from 2008 to 2014. He is a council member of the Irish Texts Society and a board member of the Graduate School of Creative Arts and Media (GradCAM). He is on the management committee of COST Action 15137 (European Network for Research Evaluation in the Social Sciences and the Humanities) He served as director of the UCD Humanities Institute during the period 2005-2011 and the UCD Graduate School of Arts and Celtic Studies between 2006 and 2011. He was the director of the Irish Research Council for Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS) between 2001 and 2005. He was the first director of the cultural agency Ireland Literature Exchange. He was awarded a D.Phil. from the University of Oxford where he held a Sir John Rhys Studentship in Celtic Studies at Jesus College. He is a former scholar of the Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies. He holds an MBS in Management and Organisational Studies from UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School. He is a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society and a member of the Irish Humanities Alliance.
- Director UCD Humanities Institute of Ireland and UCD Graduate School in Arts and Celtic StudiesUniversity College Dublin, UCD Centre for Canadian Studies1 Dec 2005
- Director Irish Research Council for the Humanities and Social SciencesHigher Education Authority, National National Research Council, Dublin, Irelabd1 Nov 2001 - 1 Nov 2005
- DirectorIreland Literature Exchange1 May 1994 - 1 Aug 2000
- D.Phil.University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom1987 - 1991
- MBSUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1998 - 2000
- IrishCan read, write and peer review
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand
- GermanCan read and understand
- DanishCan read