Are you Marcus Butler?
Edit your profile
My main laboratory research interest is in asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and fibrogenic lung reactions and our group focuses on the role of Glucagon-like peptide 1 in asthma outcomes, with an emphasis on the obese asthma phenotype. Additionally we are collaborating with Genomics Medicine Ireland in a large study exploring the genomic basis of asthma, it's endophenotypes and responses to therapy in Ireland. We are also active in clinical research of asthma, COPD and smoking-related interstitial fibrosis, and involved in a number of ongoing clinical trials through the UCD Clinical Research Centre on the St Vincent's University Hospital campus.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Medicine, Dublin, Ireland27 Mar 2010
- External Examiner in MedicineTrinity College Dublin, Clinical Medicine, College Green, Dublin, Dublin 2, Ireland19 Jul 2016 - 30 Jun 2019
- Consultant Respiratory PhysicianSt. Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland27 Mar 2010
- MB BCh BAOUniversity College Hospital Galway
- MDRoyal Coll Surgeons in Ireland
- MRCPRoyal College of Physicians UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (FRCP)Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, Dublin, Ireland5 Nov 2011Other