Current Appointments: Lecturer (above the bar), School of Mathematics & Statistics, University College Dublin, 2016-Present Honorary Senior Lecturer, University of Strathclyde, 2016-Present Previous Appointments: Senior Lecturer, University of Strathclyde, 2011-2016 Research Scientist, University of Iceland, 2007-2011 Lecturer, University College Dublin, 2005-2007 Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Bordeaux 1, 2004-2005 Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Rome 2, 2003-2004 Post-doctoral Scholar, Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies, 2000-2003 Degrees: PhD (Mathematics), Trinity College Dublin, 1997-2000 BA (Mathematical Sciences), University of Oxford, 1994-1997 Grants: * Principal Investigator on EPSRC grant: New combinatorial perspectives on the abelian sandpile model. £354,282. Grant reference: EP/M015874/1. (Ownership transferred to E. Steingri´msson on 23/9/2016 upon departing the UK.) June 2015 - June 2018. * Co-Investigator on Icelandic Research Fund Excellence grant: Combinatorics on permutations and words.P.I.: E. Steingri´msson. Grant reference: 90038011-3. ISK 67,609,000. Jan 2009 - Jan 2012. * Faculty of Science Grant, University of Strathclyde. Amount: £11,000. Jan 2012 - Dec 2013.
- Honorary Senior LecturerUniversity of Strathclyde1 Oct 2016
- Senior LecturerUniversity of Strathclyde1 Feb 2011 - 26 Sep 2016
- Research ScientistUniversity of Iceland6 Aug 2007 - 31 Jan 2011
- Lecturer (Temporary)University College Dublin1 Sep 2005 - 3 Aug 2007
- BA (Hons)Oxford University UK
- PhDTrinity College Dublin