Are you Mark O'Malley?
Edit your profile
Mark O'Malley is the Professor of Electrical Engineering at University College Dublin (UCD) and founding Director of the Electricity Research Centre, a multidisciplinary, multi institutional, industry supported research activity. He is a foreign member of the US National Academy of Engineering, a member of the Royal Irish Academy and a Fellow of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers and has received two Fulbright Fellowships. Mark is recognized as a world authority on Energy Systems Integration and in particular Grid Integration of Renewable Energy. He is currently on sabbatical at the US National Renewable Energy Laboratory as Chief Scientist, Energy Systems Integration. He was the co-founder and Director of the International Institute of Energy Systems Integration which in 2018 merged with the Utility Variable Integration Group to form the Energy Systems Integration Group (ESIG). He is now the Chair of the ESIG Research and Education Working Group.
- Full Professor of Electrical EngineeringUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2005
- Chief ScientistNational Renewable Energy Laboratory, Energy Systems Integration, United States2017
- James M Flaherty Visiting ProfessorMcGill University, Montreal, CanadaApr 2017 - Sep 2017
- Senior ResearcherNational Renewable Energy Laboratory, Denver, United StatesJun 2008 - Dec 2008
- ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 1999 - 1 Jan 2005
- Visiting Professor and Fulbright ScholarUniversity of Washington, Washington, United States1 Jan 1999 - 1 Jan 2000
- Orthopaedics Fellow and Fulbright ScholarUniversity of Virginia, United States1 Jun 1994 - 1 Dec 1994
- Associate Professor, Assistant ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 1986 - 1 Jan 1999
- Research EngineerCAPTEC1987 - 1988
- BEUniversity College Dublin
- PhDUniversity College Dublin