Dr Michelle Carey is a Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Statistics at University College Dublin. She is a graduate of the University of Limerick (UL) in Financial Mathematics and received her PhD in Statistics from UL in 2012. In 2011, she became a Lecture in Finance at the Kemmy Business School, University of Limerick, Ireland. Teaching modules for the M.Sc.'s in computational finance; finance and information systems; financial services and risk management and insurance. In 2013, she moved to the University of Rochester Medical Center, New York, USA to complete a postdoctoral fellowship in the evolution of systems in terms of differential equations under the direction of Prof Hulin Wu. In 2015, she moved to McGill University, Montreal, Canada to undertake a postdoctoral fellowship on statistical methods for the analysis of functional data with Prof James Ramsay and Prof Christian Genest before taking up her current position at the University College Dublin in 2017. Her research involves developing and extending functional data analysis techniques for examining the evolution of systems in terms of differential equations.
- Lecturer in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2017
- Course Director MSc in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2018 - 5 Sep 2018
- Course Director MA in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2018 - 5 Sep 2018
- Course Director HDip in StatisticsUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2018 - 5 Sep 2018
- Course Director for M.Sc. in Financial ServicesUniversity of Limerick1 May 2012 - 1 May 2013
- Course Director for M.Sc. in Finance and Information SystemsUniversity of Limerick1 Sep 2011 - 1 May 2013
- Lecturer in FinanceUniversity of Limerick1 Sep 2011 - 1 May 2013
- BScUniversity of Limerick
- PhDUniversity of Limerick
- Post-doctoral FellowMcGill University, Mathematics and Statistics, Montreal, Canada1 May 2015 - 31 Dec 2016Functional Data AnalysisPostdoctoral FellowshipSupervised by Ramsay, J. O. and Genest, C.
- Post-doctoral ResearcherUniversity of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, United States1 May 2013 - 1 May 2015functional data analysisPostdoctoral ResearchSupervised by Wu, H.