Nicolae-Viorel (Vio) Buchete is an Associate Professor of Theoretical & Computational Nano-Bio Physics in the UCD School of Physics. He has several postgraduate degrees from universities in both the US (Boston University) and the EU (Al. I. Cuza University of Iasi, Romania, and University of Patras, Greece). He was awarded his PhD from Boston University, and he held research fellowships at the National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, MD). His general research interests are in the areas of theoretical and computational biological physics, chemical physics, and nanoscience. Ongoing research projects in his group at UCD are concerned with statistical mechanics and molecular dynamics of biomolecular systems, systems biology, structural bioinformatics, and with multiscale modeling of biomolecules and complex fluids.
- Research FellowNational Institutes of Health, NIDDK Lab. of Chemical Physics, Bethesda, MD, USA1 Apr 2003 - 28 Mar 2008
- Lecturer, Computational Nano-Bio PhysicsUniversity College Dublin School of Physics, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland1 Apr 2008
- Graduate Teaching and Research AssistantBoston University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, Boston, MA, USA23 Aug 1996 - 31 Mar 2003
- Research AssistantAl I Cuza University of Iasi, Dept. of Physics, Iasi, Romania1 May 1994 - 22 Aug 1996
- Visiting Assistant ProfessorBoston University30 Dec 1999
- MABoston University MA
- PhDBoston University MA