Are you Finola Leonard?
Edit your profile
Assoc. Professor Finola Leonard, MVB, PhD, MRCVS teaches veterinary microbiology and infectious disease in the veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing programmes in UCD. She has extensive experience in research in veterinary infectious disease and public health. Her particular interests are salmonellosis in pigs and antimicrobial resistance in both farm and companion animals. Recent research funding has included grants for investigation of antimicrobial resistance in animal pathogens, and commensal organisms, including LA-MRSA and Escherichia coli. She has supervised 11 PhD students and 7 research Masters students to completion, as principal supervisor, in addition to supervising many other students as a member of thesis committees. She is committed to undergraduate teaching and is interested in using alternatives to didactic teaching including case-based teaching.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Chair, Infection Control Committee, UCDVHUniversity College Dublin Veterinary Hospital, Ireland8 Mar 2008
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Oct 2002
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin1 Jul 1997 - 1 Sep 2002
- Postdoctoral research officerTeagasc1 Jan 1991 - 1 Jun 1997
- Postgraduate studentTeagasc & University College Dublin1 Aug 1987 - 30 Dec 1990
- HousepersonUniversity of Edinburgh, R(D)SVS, United Kingdom1 Aug 1983 - 31 Jul 1984
- Veterinary assistantMr. S.H. Nelson6 Jan 1986 - 31 Jul 1986
- Veterinary assistantMr JAC Kew6 Aug 1984 - 26 Dec 1985
- MRCVSRoyal College of Veterinary Surgeons UK
- MVBUniversity College Dublin
- PhDUniversity College Dublin