Vice President For Research, Innovation And Impact
Are you Orla Feely?
Edit your profile
Orla Feely is Vice President for Research, Innovation and Impact and a Professor of Electronic Engineering at University College Dublin. She holds a BE degree from University College Dublin and MS and PhD degrees from the University of California, Berkeley. Her research interests lie in the area of nonlinear electronic circuits, including MEMS, energy harvesters, power converters and phase-locked loops. Professor Feely is a Fellow of the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), Engineers Ireland and the Irish Academy of Engineering. She has served as Chair of the EU Advisory Group on Marie Sklodowska Curie Actions, the Irish Research Council and the IEEE Technical Committee on Nonlinear Circuits and Systems. She is a Member of the Royal Irish Academy, the Higher Education Authority and the Board of the Young Scientist and Technology Exhibition. Professor Feely has received the Best Paper Awards of the International Journal of Circuit Theory and Applications and the European Conference on Circuit Theory and Design. She was awarded the Distinguished Graduate Award of the UCD Engineering Graduates Association and the ESB Award for Outstanding Contribution to Engineering. Her PhD thesis won the D. J. Sakrison Memorial Prize for outstanding and innovative research, awarded annually by the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences at U. C. Berkeley. She also won the U. C. Berkeley Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award in Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences.
- Vice-President for Research, Innovation and ImpactUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2014 - present
- ProfessorUniversity College Dublin1 Jan 2010 - present
- Associate ProfessorUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2003 - 1 Jan 2009
- Statutory (Senior) LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 1996 - 1 Jan 2003
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 1992 - 1 Jan 1996
- BEUniversity College Dublin
- MSUniversity of California Berkeley CA
- PhDUniversity of California Berkeley CA