School of Languages, Cultures and Linguistics
Are you Paolo Acquaviva?
Edit your profile
Paolo Acquaviva is a graduate of the University of Pisa and of the Scuola Normale Superiore in Pisa, where he obtained his doctorate in 1993. He worked at UCD from 1990 to 1996, and then again since 1999, after 3 years at the University of Venice. He won an IRCHSS Senior Fellowship (2004-5) and a Humboldt Fellowship in (2007-8). His research has developed from generative syntax to theoretical morphology, especially in its relation with semantics and theories of the lexicon. His main areas of interest are the morphology and semantics of plurality, for which he published the monograph Lexical Plurals (OUP, 2008), the theory of morphological roots and lexical categories, and the conceptual bases of nominality.
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Italian department1 Oct 1990 - 30 Dec 1996
- RicercatoreUniversita di Venezia1 Jan 1997 - 31 Aug 1999
- LecturerUniversity College Dublin, Italian department1 Sep 1999 - 31 Dec 2004
- Senior LecturerUniversity College Dublin, School of languages, literatures and film1 Jan 2005 - 30 Dec 1999
- Laurea in LettereUniversity of Pisa
- PhDUniversity of Pisa
- EnglishCan read, write, speak and understand
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand
- GermanCan read, speak and understand
- IrishCan read
- ItalianCan read, write, speak and understand