Paul Perry is the award-winning and critically acclaimed author of several books of poetry and prose. A winner of the Hennessy Prize for Irish Literature, he is a poet, novelist, and screen-writer, and Assistant Professor in Creative Writing at University College Dublin where he directs the Creative Writing Programme. A former Michener Fellow at the University of Miami, Cambor Fellow at the University of Houston, and Vice Chancellor Research Scholar at the University of Ulster, Paul has won numerous awards for his writing including the Listowel Prize for Poetry, and The Patrick and Katherine Kavanagh Fellowship. Poems have appeared in many anthologies including: The Best American Poetry, The Best Irish Poetry, The Deep Heart's Core (Dedalus, 2017), Even The Daybreak - 35 Years of Salmon Poetry, The Watchful Heart - A New Generation of Irish Poets - Poems and Essays. Paul has published one book of poetry translations: 108 Moons: The Selected Poems of Jurga Ivanauskaite. He has published in the following journals: Poetry Ireland Review, Poetry, TLS, Granta. The Irish Times, Poet Lore, Copper Nickel, and many others. As Editor: The Best Irish Poetry, 2009 (Munster Literature Centre), Beyond The Workshop, Creative Writing Theory and Pedagogy, (Kingston University Press, 2012.) As Karen Perry, he has co-authored, four best-selling novels, published by Penguin, including Girl Unknown.His 5 books of poetry include Gunpowder Valentine: New and Selcted Poems. The Ghosts of Barnacullia appeared in 2019 from above / ground press. And in 2019 his first children's book The Cyclops with Two Eyes appears from Ragamuffin Press. Paul also teaches on the MA, & MFA programmes in Creative Writing at UCD, and supervises at PhD level. He is a member of the RIA Study of Languages, Literature, Culture and Communication Committee.
- Assistant ProfessorUCD, School of English, Ireland3 Sep 2018
- BABrown University RI
- Cert of CPD Univ Teaching & LearningUniversity College Dublin
- Master of Fine ArtsUniversity of Miami (Florida)
- PhDUniversity of Ulster
- The Certificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)University College Dublin, Dublin, IrelandCertificate of Continuing Professional Development (CPD), University Teaching & Learning is a professional qualification in university teaching and learning.
- GermanCan read, write, speak and understand