Paul Ward studied law at UCD (BCL), the King's Inns (BL) and the London School of Economics (LLM). He is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Law at UCD where he lectures in Family and Child Law and the Law of Torts. He was visiting professor at De Paul University in Chicago (2002 and 2004) and has lectured at the University of Hanover (1996). He was a consultant to the Inspector of Prisons, the late Mr Justice Kinlen. He has written many articles on family law issues for the International Survey of Family Law and has recently published the 2nd edition of the Child Care Acts consolidated. He has recently completed a report for the Family Mediation Service on mediation in the District Court in family law disputes relating to access, custody and maintenance.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- Associate Dean Undergraduate ProgrammesSutherland HDL (United States), UCD Sutherland School of Law, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2019
- Assistant LecturerUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- College LecturerUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- Vice Dean for communications, Dev. & Alumni RelationsUniversity College Dublin30 Dec 1999 - 30 Dec 1999
- BCLUniversity College Dublin
- LLMUniversity of London