Are you Porscha Fermanis?
Edit your profile
Prof. Fermanis completed her undergraduate degree in English and Law at the University of Western Australia, and her PhD in English at the University of Oxford. Her doctoral thesis was published by Edinburgh University Press in 2009 as 'John Keats and the Ideas of the Enlightenment'. Her research interests are in Romantic poetry and poetics; Romantic historicism and historical fiction; the relationship between Romanticism and Enlightenment; nineteenth-century book history; and global Romanticisms and the history of globalisation. Prof. Fermanis has published a co-edited book entitled 'Rethinking British Romantic History' (OUP, 2014) and a co-authored book entitled 'Romanticism: A Literary and Cultural History' (Routledge, 2016). She is currently finishing up a monograph entitled 'Romantic Pasts: History, Fiction, and Feeling in Britain and Ireland, 1770-1850' and is the Principal Investigator on a European Research Council-funded project on literary modernity in the southern hemisphere: http://www.ucd.ie/southhem/. With Sarah Comyn, Lara Atkin, and Nathan Garvey, Prof. Fermanis recently completed a book on colonial public libraries.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- VP for ResearchUCD, College of Arts and Humanities, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2014 - 31 Aug 2016
- Permanent LectureshipUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2007
- Head of Postgraduate Studies, School of English, Drama and FilmUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2007
- Temporary LectureshipUniversity College Dublin1 Sep 2005 - 1 Aug 2006
- Tutor in English LiteratureSt. John's College Oxford1 Mar 2004 - 1 Jun 2004
- Research AssistantUniversity College Oxford1 Apr 2001 - 1 May 2001
- Tutor in English LiteratureUniversity of Western Australia1 Mar 1997 - 1 Nov 1997
- Postdoctoral FellowIrish Research Council1 Oct 2006 - 1 Sep 2007
- Solicitor in Commercial Litigation DivisionMalleson Stephen Jaques (Sydney Office)1 Jan 1999 - 1 Sep 2000
- PhDOxford University UK