Are you Roisin Kennedy?
Edit your profile
Dr. Róisín Kennedy is a graduate of UCD and the University of Edinburgh. Her research focuses on the critical reception of modernist art in Ireland, the role and function of art writing post 1880, and on the position of women as artists and subjects in modernist art. She completed an IRCHSS funded PhD on Politics of Vision: Critical Writing on Art in Ireland, 1939 -1972 in 2006. She has published widely on the subject in edited collections and in Circa, Irish Arts Review and Third Text. She was awarded an Arts Council Bursary in Curatorship by the Arts Council in 1998 for which she curated and catalogued the historic and contemporary state collection at Dublin Castle, and wrote Dublin Castle Art, (1999). She is former Yeats Curator at the National Gallery of Ireland, (2006-08), where she curated The Fantastic in Irish Art and Masquerade and Spectacle: The Travelling Fair in the Work of Jack B. Yeats in 2007.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE DUBLIN APPOINTMENTS
- School Head of Teaching and LearningUniversity College Dublin, College of Arts and Humanities, Dublin, Ireland1 Jan 2015 - 31 Aug 2018
- Member of the College of Art and Humanities Research, Innovation and Impact CommitteeUniversity College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland1 Sep 2018
- M LittUniversity of Edinburgh
- PhDUniversity College Dublin
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand